Tuesday, September 17, 2019

M is for Moonbeam Ontario

M is for moonbeams and for Moonbeam Ontario!!!  I learned about this area in Ontario yesterday from a friend who is currently visiting Vancouver in our most western province.  The place name appeared on display dedicated to Ontario.  I had never heard of s place with such a unique name.  I checked the map and sadly it is too far north for a day trip.  


It is believed that the name was given by the first settlers when they saw the auroral borealis.  Coincidentally the fist settlers were a couple from Quebec with the last name of Leonard (there is an accent on the e but I don’t have a French keyboard).  Who knew!! 


There really is a novelty flying saucer beside the tourist information office! 






This is my rendition in acrylic inks in a cheap Mont Marte sketchbook that I got from Winners.  Terrible paper but it lays flat, I use it for acrylic paint only.  This was loads of fun! 


No comments:

Post a Comment