Monday, September 30, 2019

Once upon a page that took forever to complete

This page took forever to complete!! The Quin gold background is off of my Gelli plate back in August.  At the time, I was making packing tape image transfers of some vintage photos I found at a shop in the big city.  I hadn’t realized that there was still quite a lot of glue on the tape and I was loath to remove them in case the paper peeled off.  I had originally put them on the page just so they had a place to remain flat. All I could do is “work with it”.  Then a story began to percolate in my brain.  I’m happy the way it turned out!


The chant is from a skipping rope song from when I was young and we would skip every recess at school.  Hmmm! Do kids do that anymore? I can’t recall the rest of the song so if anyone else does let me know.





No comments:

Post a Comment