Sunday, September 8, 2019

Waubaushene Ontario

I loved the coloured pencil class with Sketchbook Skool and yesterday I drove to Waubaushene Ontario  ( a village on Georgian Bay.)  Georgian Bay is part of the Great Lakes system.  I took a walk out to the end of the dock to sketch.  There was a brisk wind blowing off the bay, few were out on the rough water.  I sat with my back to the wind and used my pencil crayons to draw. I bought a small tin of 12 Derwent “lightfast” pencil crayons (which is still quite expensive per pencil at over $2 each).  I’m not a fan of their choice of colours in this tin but I just made them work. The wind was blowing so hard it brought those dark clouds overhead so quickly I was sure that it would rain before I got back to the car.   Thankfully, it didn’t.  This morning I applied watercolour.





I like my results and the memory it evokes of time well spent. In my hand bound sketchbook with Strathmore Aquarius II watercolour paper. 


No comments:

Post a Comment