Sunday, August 7, 2022

I made a new sketchbook

It’s just after 10 am and it’s 27C!  What was I thinking!!! I don’t usually bind books in the summer because my hands get all sweaty.  I washed my hands a couple of times during the process so I hope my finger tips didn’t secret unwanted oils on the paper.

This is what I fondly term a UFO or unfinished object.  I found it again a few days ago.  Since it has been languishing under some paper pads I didn’t even recall what paper I had measured and cut.  Thankfully there was a watermark- Strathmore Aquarius watercolour paper.  I like it because it has minimal texture and is easy to sew. It is cellulose paper so the price point is good too. 

I painted the canvas cover with acrylic paint on this “hard bound” book yesterday.  The flower motif comes from a cheap fibre coaster from a dollar store.  The cover had been made using a cereal box and reinforced with another cardboard layer.  I picked up yesterday from where I had left off.  

I wish I would have seen the black thread before I started with the white.  Oh well.  This is actually waxed linen beading thread that I got at Michael’s (with a coupon).  

I made so many mistakes but the outcome looks pretty good regardless.  I have 2 pages left in my current book so I look forward to getting into this one. 


No comments:

Post a Comment