Sunday, February 5, 2023

Flossie the bunny rabbit

This 2-page spread was many days in the making.  Last week I was fooling around with my gel-plate and I got this nice green colour.  Then I had some blue on the roller and applied it to the page too.  I moved on to other pages in my sketchbook.

I found a piece of paper with some more of that green paint that I had rolled off.  I had the bunny rabbit in my book and like the image enough to make a cut out of it on this pink gel-plate print. 

The story goes like this: Flossie was nervous about being so exposed on the front lawn but couldn’t help herself; the tender spring grass tasted so sweet. 

Our wild brown bunnies here prefer clover but I decided to make the story fit.  So I’m thinking about spring even though it was -32C with the windchill yesterday and today it is a balmy 1C under another cloudy day.  I’m afraid, springlike days are months away. 


No comments:

Post a Comment