Saturday, February 25, 2023

Pole dancing squirrel

I don’t like squirrels but have to live with them because I like to feed our wild feathered friends.  The birds bring me joy on these dull cold winter days.  

However, I did enjoy seeing that the pole was too slippery for this squirrel to climb up onto the landing.  It made me chuckle watching his attempts until he finally figured it out; he wasn’t going to make it up today. 

The “hat” that is on this feeder is the lid from an old enameled roasting pan.  It’s our attempt to keep the snow off the landing area.  Sometimes there is so much packed snow that even the blue jays can’t clear it! That means I begrudgingly have to go out and clean it off.

We should have bought the same style that we had instead of picking this new design thinking it was better because it was larger.


No comments:

Post a Comment