Wednesday, March 29, 2023

Trying a non-dominant hand drawing

No prompt- I had a go with Toni Burt lesson (free sessions with Sketchbook Revival).  It was fun and I’ll have to do this again and again.  I really need to loosen up.  But I have to start somewhere so this was a pleasurable way to start.

This is a drawing from a live sketch I did the last time I was visiting Canada’s largest city of Toronto (February of this year).  I walked down to this tiny 300 sq foot home built in 1912 on what had been a laneway.  I tried to indicate how small it is beside its neighbours. 

I used my Roman Somali palette- Perylene Violet and Nickel Azo Yellow.  I used Quink ink and an Elegant Writer pen in my Etchr Perfect Sketchbook (with 100% cotton cold press  Fabriano paper)

My photo is dull because we are having ANOTHER grey day here!  This has been the darkest winter we have had for something like 80 years.  Ugh!  Gosh, I hope Mother Nature will take pity on us soon! 


No comments:

Post a Comment