Monday, February 19, 2024

Needles and Pins

Here is the last page I made in my sketchbook that was inspired by the “Bobby pins” I found in the pocket of my fuzzy sweater coat.  Since I won’t be needing them for a long time to come, it reminded me of the initial phase of losing my hair.   Back then, the song popped into my head,  “Needles and Pins”by the Searchers.  It was done by a female artist before them but theirs is the rendition I recall.  I also liken the feeling to when I was a kid and would walk barefoot on crispy dried grass in late August. That yucky prickly feeling on the soles of my feet except that horrid sensation was on my head.  So weird!  I’m having some difficulty going through this hair loss.  Well, it’s a done deal now.  I know it will grow back and all that jazz, I just hate the indignity of it. 
Here is a sketch I did of myself looking into the reflection of myself in my iPad. Not a great resemblance but that’s okay, I look pretty good for a baldy. 
Sadly, after that,  things took a nosedive and I’ve been sleeping more than being awake.  So far, I’m feeling a bit better today, I do have more energy especially after having eaten half a bagel with my morning coffee. 


No comments:

Post a Comment