Saturday, February 3, 2024

Chemo and Willie

This is a hard post; I’ve had to give it a day and let my emotions rest.  My chemo has been cancelled for Monday and rescheduled for a week.  My blood test yesterday showed some bad numbers and the doctor wants me to rest.  One of the chemo drugs is hard on kidneys and apparently mine need time to recover.  When I do get the next chemo they will change to a different cocktail. So I’ve cried and bought myself some chemo hats. 

I was so happy that Wiarton Willie says spring is near.  However, he has only been right 25% of the time.  They have a big festival in Wiarton for the occasion.  I’ve never been to it as we usually visit Wiarton Ontario in the summertime.  It is a nice little town.  We usually enjoy lunch at the pub down by the waterfront with a nice cold beverage.  Willie’s statue is nearby.  I think the original Willie was an albino but I’m not positive.  I think I made him look like a salamander.  Oh well! 

Here’s my page from yesterday.



No comments:

Post a Comment