Saturday, January 16, 2010

Life's roller coaster ride

It never ceases to amaze me how life throws us a curve ball and we have to adjust! I know... I hate the baseball reference but there it is! I try not to be too RC even though I was born one. I make every effort to try and not be "resistant to change". It makes me laugh when you take a look out into the horizon and see that resistance may be futile! Yup, there is a sci-fi reference here too. I know that if I am the only one who is interested in how our language uses references from television and the inextricably linked between that medium as being part of our surrounding world. We affect the medium and in turn it affects our view of the world through language. It is the one regret that I have, I regret that I didn't go to university early in my life because it is entirely possible that this would have been the avenue that I would have taken. I loved "conversational analysis"!

Were was I going here? Hmmm!! Yes, the curve ball! I constantly surprise myself at how scatter brained my mind is following a nightshift. At this moment in time, I am taking the rest of today off for me! I am not going to think about all of the things that I "should be doing". I will reserve that for tomorrow.!

2 comments: