Sunday, January 24, 2010

Technology


I often purport that I don't really care about the need for the "stupid" blackberry that the union has given me. I must be honest with myself and say that I enjoy the technology! I like the fact that for my age, I am more "in tune" with technology than many people who are younger than me! Yup, I really do like that!

Okay, sot the downside is the fact that my blackberry is on the fritz and I feel like the perverial "fish out of water". I really do hate it. Now I got a "loaner" blackberry but it is the same as the one that I just had and the technology is ancient. No, not ancient really, only a few years old but as we all know everything in the technology realm moves at the speed of light. Again, being in the "NOW" of technology is important since my broken blackberry accepted calls even though I live out in the boondocks. This old one doesn't. I tried to have a conversation and I eventually had to call on my landline when the blackberry disengaged.

It is truly frustrating that something like this would happen just because I was trying to do a good thing and be a good blackberry owner and update the software as requested by a message that the company sends out automatically to users. I had a thought, one that was in the back of my mind; my intuition, but I did not listen and now I'm in this mess. I really need to listen to myself more often as I have had similar experiences in the past and I ought to have "known better".

Of course when I drew this I kept thinking of the science fiction television series of a bygone day, Star Trek: to boldly go where no one has gone before! I still wish that I could have gotten an iPhone since it would be more compatible with my computer. I will try one more update and then I will give up until I get the iPhone that I covet!

No comments:

Post a Comment