Monday, June 20, 2011

It might only be a Bic pen but....

Okay... so I know that it isn't "fine" art but ya know... I just love to doodle if that is all the time there is, so be it. When there is a bit more time but that time is sporadic I still enjoy trying to complete a picture and not make my doodle a "zentangle" (which I have to say I also enjoy!).

I was trolling the internet and came across a photograph of a a teapot. It reminded me of a "Brown Betty" that I had purchased "back in the day" when I was in my late teens and early '20"s. I know that I am NOW a coffee-holic but everyone needs to own at least one teapot in which to steep some jasmine tea, if nothing else. I have to admit that I am very partial to a "blueberry tea" even though it is of the alcoholic persuasion (a very close and good friend of mine introduced me to it).

So the bottom line is this.... making art doesn't alway have to be about making "fine" art but just about exploring a new medium, a new image or whatever. The fact the matter is that I enjoyed the time that I spent creating this doodle and that is what it is....a doodle. I am proud of this "doodle" even though it is not quite "right". I "eyeballed" it so often I find that my perception can be out of line at times.



Honestly, I don't think this was created using a "Bic" ball point pen per se since it is just a blue ink pen that I found at work. If memory serves, the advertisement on the pen was for a national hotel chain. The point I am trying to make is to make a "mark on the paper", it does not have to be "fine art" just a form of art. I have to say that the memories that sparked in my mind where fun. I recalled the times when "back in the day" we spent hours upon hours contemplating the universe and drinking tea. It feels like a minute ago although I don't want to say just how long ago it was...fun times!

So my advice is....just do art.... it is all about the "DOING" and not always about the art!

No comments:

Post a Comment