Monday, June 6, 2011

Made me laugh

This iris was growing on the side of the road, obviously transplanted by rodents from the neighbouring garden. Very pretty! I love how the "mouth" of the flower with it's lucious tongue attempts to lure you inside. If I was a bee, I don't think I could resist.

It is strange sometimes what tickles my funny bone. When I saw these birds yesterday on my walk I immediately thought of the birds on wild beasts in African travelogues that we see on public television. I just couldn't help trying to get some snaps.



Now, we all know what it is that these birdies are waiting for don't we????!!!

My Dad is failing with each passing day. Although he is now on the list for long term care I don't believe that he will make it. It is sad to see him in such a way because I truly don't believe that he would not want this for himself. I am sure he would rather leave this world quickly and not by this long protracted method. He does not have any quality of life!

So, I must find as many pleasures in my life as I can so that I do not become melancholy too. Walking and listening to my iPod is one of my greatest pleasures.

No comments:

Post a Comment