Saturday, June 18, 2011

Vintage Thread Spools

So how many is too many?


I bought three bags of these vintage spools at a local thrift shop. I couldn't help myself. They didn't have any thread on them when I bought them.




The clerk asked me what I was going to do with them. I actually had no idea but I know that the internet will supply me with some ideas. Yup! Some of them will have a new purpose shortly! When I get them re-created into something new I will post them here!





I wonder who had these and why they threw them out. I find it strange that each one had every bit of thread removed. I have found a few other spools but they usually have a least a little bit of leftover thread on the spool. Someone went to a lot of trouble to remove the thread from all of the spools. I haven't counted them yet and all I can say is that they are "numerous".

No comments:

Post a Comment