Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Christmas Pears

This is day one of my Christmas holidays and how glorious is it when you get a bill in the mail that isn't.  Ontario Hydro says that I have a substantial credit with them and will not have to pay a hydro bill for many, many months in 2012.  Ticks me off that I paid too much all year though; I mean, I lost use of that money and could have used it to buy something really cool - like an iPad.  Okay, I'll quit whining since it is the Christmas season.

It was fairly quiet last night at work so I had some time to do a pencil drawing.   We are not allowed to have any "personal electronic devices" on our person so I feel that my pencil and sketchbook is still fair game.  I totally love drawing!  Each time I make a drawing no matter how small or insignificant it might seem; I get a charge of transferring that which is real and getting the image on to the page!  However, I need, I must, practice way more! Oh my, did I just make a New Years resolution and in black and white no less???!!  Very scary!

I think I love the essence of the pear.  My subjects are all different but I forgot to look to see which is which.  Okay so there is likely a bartlett but I forget the names of the other two.  I guess it is time go Google pears!!  Obviously, I don't need to admit that I might like the essence of a pear but I am no connoisseur of the pear.



I don't know why but I just couldn't seems to get the camera situated in such a fashion to take a better picture of my pencil rendering.  I don't normally have such a hard time but for some reason my befuddled brain just can't seem to comprehend what I need to do to get it right.  So, heck with it; here is the photo as is.


When I compare my drawing to the photograph, I can see some things that I should have included and that my perspective is slightly off for the pear laying down.  I should have measured better using my pencil so that it didn't look like such a "gourd".   But nightshift being what it is makes me not the best visual thinker.

I know that the Christmas doesn't make you think of pears but really we must remember the 12 days of Christmas song.  These pears are just no longer on the tree!!

I have signed up for a mixed media postcard challenge and have to make 10 postcards and send them to people who will be like me....patiently waiting for theirs in the mail.  This will be my first and I look forward to it beginning next month!  I should link to her site so you can join too.  I'm off to see if I can make that happen. The author mentions that I could have grabbed a badge but I'm not sure how to do that so haven't.  Here is her address that you can copy and paste instead.  It would seem that I have some learning to do about using blogger.

http://musingsonrealities.blogspot.com/2011/12/international-mixed-media-postcard-swap.html

I'm almost done shopping and have wrapping to do!  Looking forward to that along with some spiced rum and eggnog!

No comments:

Post a Comment