Thursday, December 8, 2011

Our Angel has Arrived

No need for Christmas presents this year; our first grandchild arrived on November 30th and she is so totally adorable.  We have waited nine long months for her arrival.  It seems that home birth was a good thing for my daughter (I had my reservations about it).   My hubby has finally put up the Christmas lights so I feel a bit more Christmassy.  We were waiting for our angel to be born and put everything else on hold.  She was a good weight 8.5 lbs; pretty good weight for a girl too.  My daughter just sent us a video of her after her first 8 days of life.  wow!  Technology is so fantastic!


Last night was the final art class at the McLaren Art Centre (I will miss going to them each Wednesday night).   We were still working on egg tempera.  What a strange medium!  I only got two layers so there really isn't much of a picture yet.  I'm very ambivalent about this way of painting; it just takes so long! We got to see a local artist who had a showing at the gallery and her work was lovely but just not for me.  Now there was a pencil artist work on show and I really loved his; Kelly Wallace.  Fascinating work!

No comments:

Post a Comment