Saturday, December 31, 2011

New Years Eve

I just talked to a very good friend who called to wish me a Happy New Year!  She lives 5 hours away from me now so I don't get to see her very often but through technology we have been able to keep in touch and "be there" for each other although in an "arms length" sort of way.

Yes, it is New Years Eve!  I'm glad that I don't feel obligated to go out on the town, spend money that I don't have and worry about the cost of the cab to get home!! My hubby and I are happy to stay home.  We had such a great time for 5 days in Toronto with out daughter, son-in-law and grand-daughter that we think that "life is good" and there is not much need to feel like crap after a night of heavy drinking.

I chilled a bottle of dry rose in the freezer and I am sipping on the bottle now!  My hubby doesn't like wine as much as me so it is all mine!  I will save him a glass for dinner.  He is preparing a fine supper for us; a personal favourite, ham with hot mustard and scalloped potatoes!  How great is that???!!!!!

He had to go to a funeral today for a good friend of his; a fishing buddy.  I spent the time doing housework and trying to get some time for art in as well.  I wanted to get some of the substrate made in preparation for making the postcard's that I will be swapping later.  It is a time consuming venture but I love doing it anyway.  The only issue is that I like to have the house to myself so I can turn the tunes on (loudly that is) while I make art.  I am so lucky that my daughter has keep me abreast of technology and I am not a technophobe.  I have a great set of Bose speakers attached to my laptop beside the kitchen. However, all that really means is, I have less time to actually make art because I am spending too much time reading my e-mails and surfing the net etc.

Yesterday I took this picture while I was clearing my car of snow, shovelling the path out to the car and a path out to the bird feeder.  It was quite chilly but it wasn't too bad.  The only thing that got cold were my hands because I was too stupid to wear mitts.

I love how natures hoar frost has made prickly sweaters on the grape vines!


And again on these wild cucumbers!  I had thought of picking these to use in a project but forgot since they were just beyond arms reach and too close to the ditch. I especially love the prickles on the prickles.  Very fun mother nature!


I should have made more grape jam this year since it was a bumper crop!   I wonder what would happen if I tried it now.  Grape "ice wine" jam, perhaps??!!!!


I am not one to make new years resolutions..... so..... Happy New Year to all!!!!   See you in 2012!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment