Sunday, January 1, 2012

Welcome 2012!

Thankfully I'm not one for resolutions!  That said I have hopes:  I hope to make more art this year than last.  I hope to read more books (real and digital) in the new year.  I hope that a fairy will appear this year and clean my house for me.  Hmmm! That is certainly a dream come true and I am doubtful that will happen in this millennium!


Since I can't have everything I want, I did my first doodle for the new year.  What I like about mimicking the zentangle doodle is its simplicity. Usually it is just black and white and for this special occasion I colourized it!  I don't think I like the effect really.  I will try it again but use a different set of coloured felt markers.  These were a large set that I got in the sale bin at the local craft store but not all felt markers are created equal.  This set is meant for children and although they have been good for other simple projects I don't like them here.  But a doodle is a doodle....it is meant to be fun, so here it is..... Welcome 2012!!

No comments:

Post a Comment