Sunday, January 22, 2012

Try, try, try again!

I remembered the old adage so I thought I would take heart and try it on for size.

I wasn't happy with the way my last pencil drawing looked so I spent a little bit of time last night attempting to clean it up with the end result of improving the drawing.  I dragged out my pencil box that my hubby bought for me many years ago and grabbed the 6B.  On my way to work night shift last night, I picked up a package of Primacolor Ebony pencils as well.  I have used those two new pencils to darken up my drawing.  Using constructive criticism, I think these modifications are certainly a move in the right direction, especially the shadow cast.  At least now they actually look like a shadow and not part of the cutlery.  

I see one glaring mistake now that I have it on my screen before me (that is the beauty of technology and iPhoto).  However, I can still fix that without any problem.  This is a good start but I still think that it needs some more work, somehow I think that it is not dark enough yet.  It is just does not look "metal" enough for me.  Having said that, I will give this drawing a final spray and put it away for now.  It will be alright if I move on and try my hand at another drawing of something metal. 


That is it for today as I am trying to get all the bits and bobs together in preparation for putting them together to make ten mixed media postcards!  I will be getting my mailing list by January 27th so I would have liked to have many of the cards made by now but I just haven't had the time.  I am working overtime tomorrow and then the next day my hubby and I are heading south to the big city to see our grandchild.  It has been a week and a half since we have seen her and I expect she will have changed much already.  I miss her!

No comments:

Post a Comment