Friday, December 30, 2011

Year End Fast Approaching

I find it very interesting to realize that I am not really interested in year end this 2011.  I look back and think that I am glad that 2011 is over but really it is only because of my father's illness and death that really has had a real negative effect on me!  I miss my dad!  Yup, he made me angry about some of the things that he did or didn't do but really - he was my dad and he was what he was!  Regardless, I miss him very much!

The best news of the year is that my grand-daughter was born and is now gaining weight.  As of yesterday she now weighs in at 8.14 lbs.  At the last weigh-in she was only one ounce past her birth weight of 8.5 so there was some concerns about her health.  She is such a little sweetheart and greatly loved by both grandparents.

We finally have snow!  We are looking like a winter wonderland now and here is a snap that epitomizes the colour of winter.


I love all of the shades of "white" or maybe I should say black, white and grey!  These snap were taken yesterday and I really loved how the snow was sticking to the trees and vegetation.  A few more months of this I won't be thinking that it is so very pretty!


The roads were still pretty clear but my car is firmly encased in snow.  You can see the hood of my car peeking up at the bottom of the snap.

My hubby thought that we had best get some of the maples trimmed because they are growing like weeds and overtaking the roof of the house.  He finally got most of his piled up before the snow fell.


No comments:

Post a Comment