Tuesday, November 29, 2011

The Waiting Game

Here I am!  I'm still waiting for my first grandchild to be due; obviously "it" is overdue or past due (whatever suits your fancy).  I must endeavour to acquire the gift of patience; I see it as a character flaw that I need to continuously work on.  I know that we live in a culture of instant gratification and I have tried to ignore those yearnings but it is so very hard to do so.  It is almost as if we have never grown up and we are stuck in a childish rut.  It is as if we forgot to slough off some programming from when we were children.  In those days we always wanted for things and wanted it when we wanted it; meaning we wanted it, NOW!




This is a picture from a supper boat cruise that I went on at Toronto, Ontario harbour back in 2009.

Here is the results from last weeks art class.  I don't think that I chose the right picture for the medium that we were using last week - watercolour.  I got inspired by one of my classmates.  Several weeks ago during the acrylic class she brought a store-bought card of light reflection in water.  I knew that I had taken a snap several years ago with a similar subject matter.  I did find it and took it to class and here is my attempt. My photo included the cityscape buildings in the background so I cropped them out to make my picture similar to that of hers.




My reproduction of the picture is not as precise as I had hoped but that was due to the fact that the instructor flipped the picture upside down so that I would not concentrate so much on the photograph and spend more time on my art piece.  Having said that, I see that I would like to try this once again because I do indeed like the photograph and would like to reproduce it more closely because of the way it "flows"  I like the sporadic nature of the red "line" and I like how the yellow is only a "highlight" of the green.  I even would like to attempt re-creating the grey line as well.

Again I have to say that this is the reason I took this class; I got to play with different paint media that I might not have otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment