Saturday, February 18, 2012

Postcard #2

I have been trying to get all of my postcards made within a reasonable amount of time and I do try but life does get in the way.  I don't feel bad because I got to go and see my grand-daughter again and help my daughter out by being there for her.  Bottom line I enjoy "grandma duty"!

So postcard 2 is similar to postcard #1 in that it was made using the same process.  This time the image is taken from a publishers clearing house brochure.  I like to recycle! It represents a Sherlock Holmes novel and the tiny image depicts the dark nature of the times.

I think that I could have a better job with the dark side but I didn't realize that until I had put the sparkled netting overtop and glued it together with the metal foil.  I had to paint over it because I thought it was way to "bright" and not in keeping with the mood of the image.

In this postcard I used:

4" x 6" watercolour paper
gel medium for image transfer
acrylic ink
acrylic paint
eye shadow
sparkly netting fabric
glitter glue
metal foil




I really enjoy using this process of image transfer - gel medium and an image from a magazine.  My postcards are experiments and therefore there will be errors.  It can't be helped really especially since this is a "new" project and I don't actually have a "how-to" or any instructions on what should be or should not be done.  I don't really think that my hindsight deters from the beauty of the project as it is.

I have 6 more done but I'm not sure if they are actually done, done!  I just finished to that have needle-felting and again I wonder if they are complete.  I will need to look at them a bit more before I make that call.  Therefore, you don't see any of them here quite yet.  Soon though!  I have to have them mailed out by the end of the month (I hope to that is!).


No comments:

Post a Comment