Sunday, February 26, 2012

Postcard #6 & #7 - More Needlefelting

This next postcard is another needle felted image with glass bead embellishments.

I have been so involved in trying to get this card made that once again I have little "before" pictures save one.  I am trying to get all of these done by the end of the month so I can get them mailed off by March.


I really like this card as well.  My photograph here does not do it justice really.  As you can see, I also decided to change the card background from the snap above.  I made another needle felted image and had a hard time deciding which one looked better on the two different cards.  Although you can't really see it here the background does look "worn" in places.


I let the needle felting process just take me where it would and I did not have any pre-conceived ideas really other than the colours I used.  The same goes for the beading as well.  I especially like the way the glass bead texture gel took to the paper.  It has all resulted in a "vintage" feel that really appeals to me.

For both cards I used:

-recycled card from junk mail
-wool roving
-hand needle felted image on organza
-glass beads embellishment
-acrylic paint
-glass bead texture gel
-Strathmore watercolur postcard


Postcard #7 - Is the same but different from #6!  Each of my postcards are individually made and therefore each are different in some way although the process may be similar.



I should add to the list above:  I crunched up some brown tissue paper I got from a gift and applied it with matte medium.  I was going to paint over it but decided that I liked the transparent nature of the paper.  Again, I used the glass texture gel to create a "frame" of sorts for the needle felting.

So far, I really have enjoyed experimentation!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment