Thursday, February 23, 2012

Postcard #4 - Passion for Purple

This working for a living is really cutting into my creative time!  However, it does allow me to make purchases of art materials so it is a happy marriage!

This next card I did using mostly fibres.  I laid on a coat of dioxazine purple acrylic paint, then applied the slightly dyed household cheesecloth and sewed on the purple organza flowers with the wool roving centres.  I stitched it all together using the matching coloured beads and applied glitter glue to the edge.  I didn't do anything really special with the flowers; just squished up some fabric and chopped around my finger and thumb to make the "petals".  I like the nature of fabric because it does fray and I have to say that I like that effect.

Another aspect of the card that I like is the nature of household or kitchen cheesecloth.  Most often it is used in the preserving of fruits or jams.  I am trying to other area where I can "re-purpose" this lowly household product.

Again, I must stress the fact that I love not just the visual nature of this postcard because purple is a favourite of mine.  As I have said before I love the tactile nature of fibre!

I hope the recipient of this card appreciates the creative process even if she does not like purple as much as I do!

I realized with this card that I had not taken any step-by-step photos.  I will endeavour to do so in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment