Monday, June 6, 2016

A comedy of errors

My home town is Barrie Ontario, I live in boondocks just north east of it.  I haven't lived there much but I worked there all my working life.  It was a comedy of errors for me today; right place, right time.... wrong date! Ugh! I had feed the silly parking meter so I dropped in to the art gallery. Then I thought I might as well make good use of my time and sat outside to draw the replica statute of the Great Thinker.  Then, I looked across the road at the City Hall. The grey metal structure represents the silhouette of the old city hall that was torn down. My Dad use to work there and I would walk from high school to meet him when I missed the bus home. Lived in the country back then too and no city transportation at the time. I spent a nice time drawing and thinking about my dear old Dad! 

It ended being a good day. I'll see my friend for lunch next Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment