Sunday, August 14, 2016

1951 Hudson Hornet

I live in the boondocks of central Ontario🇨🇦 so I don't get a chance to do much "urban sketching".  Yesterday, I had to go to the library in town and surprise.... there was a car show on. I had my sketchbook in the car so I dropped off my library books and picked up my pens. 

So enjoyed talking to the current owner of this 1951 Hudson Hornet and she signed my book for me.  She and her hubby are the second owners of this beauty and they have had it for 24 years.  They have re-painted it the same as the original colour - a dark green. 

It started to rain so I stopped to get a tissue to dry my page and headed to a covered spot where the owner happened to be sitting.  Then I started the rear drawing ...I'm glad I did!  I'm not use to sketching in public at a car show "in the rain" especially found standing a bit difficult but happy with my results regardless.

Very cool car to see. I had a fellow stop by to say that he thought what I was doing was cool because everyone else was snapping their cameras and phones. 



No comments:

Post a Comment