Friday, August 26, 2016

Urban Sketching and a new sketchbook

I like to beautify the cover of my sketchbook.  This time, I took my inspiration for my next sketchbook cover from Andrea (thanks Andrea!!!)

I use to be a shift worker and on night shift I would get my "lunch" at 0200 hrs or 0330 hrs. In a medium sized city there use to be not too many options. Then things changed and I would do my grocery shopping on my lunch!! 

My sleeping patterns continue to give me a bit of trouble so this cover is a nod to all the insomniacs out there.  So happy that my sketchbook is "OPEN ALL NIGHT"!!

BTW, I used an office supply for my "stickers". I was going to cut around them but opted to leave the mailing label "as is".   I'm not finished with the cover yet but I've just started my current book so this is as far as I'm going to go for right now!!! 


I had to go to town to pick up a book st the library and stopped off at a side street to sketch this industrial building. 



No comments:

Post a Comment