Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Yellow Bird

I love how one thing leads to the next.... I was tearing up a pamphlet I got in the mail. So I made this piece from a throw-away. I like it very much since I didn't feel that it was such a "precious" piece of expensive paper. I accented the word chicks on the page and put it aside. A few days later I saw a photo of a yellow bird on a calendar I had, so I drew it. Then, yesterday I was eating a banana and stuck the scan code food sticker on the page (I cut off the scan thingamajig) and put it aside once again.  This morning, the lyrics to Yellow Bird occurred to me.  I loved the version sung by Harry  Belafonte! Happy with the end result of a piece of paper I was about to recycle and in essence I did - I made junk into art or rather "nothing into something"!!



No comments:

Post a Comment