Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Not all gesso are the same

I love mail art and decided to use Ildiko Karsay’s tutorial once again to make some envelope art as well.  I received a sweet piece of mail and wanted to send a thank you note and I liked the rich colour with the black and white.  The envelope will be going to Germany the next time we leave the house (the post office is en route to town).  

I had applied a thin layer of the new art basics clear gesso to the page thinking that I would use my pencil crayons to colour the flower and was surprised by what I learned: two brands of clear gesso and two totally different surfaces! 

I know this might not be news to many of you but I have to say I was very surprised; it had not occurred to me that there would be a difference.  That is good, I learned something new. 




No comments:

Post a Comment