Wednesday, April 8, 2020

The Blue Grotto

I have an app on my phone that sends me a painting a day at the stroke 0900 hrs.  It is called Daily Art.  Today this painting by Carl Fredrick Seiffert 1860 popped up.  I reproduced his work as a way to immerse myself in the memory of the time we visited in 2015.  It was quite a thrill since it had been closed a few days before our visit due to the high water level.  We shared our little boat with the oarsman and two other couples.  We all had to basically lay down to get through the mouth of the cave.  I can’t visually describe the stunning azure water with my paint but I tried. The oarsmen serenaded us while we traversed the periphery of the the cave. 

I used gouache on a yucky page in my sketchbook that I prepped  by painting over it with white gesso. 




No comments:

Post a Comment