Sunday, April 26, 2020

Selfie Sunday is here again

“Selfie Sunday” has rolled around again.  In ancient times, the Egyptians used polished metal as mirrors.  My metal spatula is no longer highly polished and it is quite scratched up but I could see my reflection in it.  I was inspired to do this by Koosje Koene of Sketchbook Skool from her daily live stream on IG last week. She used a spoon so I decided to switch it up and try another kitchen tool, one with a flat surface. 

This was fun although it’s a wonky self portrait!!   I must say, I’m not a fan of the Tombow blender pen. Possibly I just don’t know how to use it properly. 

I had some bleed through to this page from another project but no matter; this is a sketchbook and not a masterpiece.  I had started to add colour to my hand and didn’t like it do I stopped. 




No comments:

Post a Comment