Friday, September 2, 2022

Bancroft Legion

WE have a portable wifi device that usually works everywhere we go in Canada but this summer the delivery was as inconsistent at our favourite vacation spot. My hubby complained to the almighty Bell and tried to cancel the service.  They are sending us out a new SIM card in the hopes we will continue paying them. We’ll see if that works.  The device is only 13 months old and the software is up-to-date.  Quite maddening when it worked just fine last summer. 

My hubby had a report due so what to do, what to do?! We packed up his laptop and drove the 23 kms to town.  We bought a beverage at the local Legion Hall and he worked on his report.  

I read my emails on my iPad and drew some of the locals playing pool.  I don’t know what game they were playing but I imagined that it was “spots and stripes”.  The locals enjoyed seeing my progress! 

I used pen for the drawing, no pencil (just like euchre, a card laid is a card played).  For the colour, I used some cheap woodless watercolour pencils I bought at home sense. 

I enjoyed myself while my hubby worked. 


No comments:

Post a Comment