Monday, September 19, 2022

Funeral for Queen Elizabeth II

Watched the funeral of the Queen this morning.  I finished my journal page as tribute to her and her many visits to Canada.  My page was inspired by Canadian contemporary artist, Charles Pachter, and his painting titled “Love Pat”.  I invite you to checkout his art on line and in particular all his paintings of the Queen.  My favourite is the one where the Queen’s stead is actually a moose. 

I saw on a television address where the Queen was wearing a beautiful maple leaf pin.  For the life of me, I couldn’t seem to get it to look like a leaf.  It reminds me more of an “inukshuk” (a statue of stones in the shape of a human figure).   I have to say that I like that image too. 

I decided that my moose, a majestic gentle beast, deserved to have some glitter on his crown (his rack) in the presence of Queen Elizabeth II.  Thank you your Majesty for your service. There will never be anyone like you. 


No comments:

Post a Comment