Tuesday, December 6, 2022

Imaginary Cardinal stamp

I was watching an art class on line this afternoon but didn’t participate in it.  I got this idea in my head and had to bring it to fruition.  The class began with some images of stamp art and I thought I would work on an imaginary stamp issued by Canada Post.  Now Canada post did Issue Cardinal stamps this year but I switched it up to meld it with the Christmas song, The 12 Days of Christmas.  I didn’t think that my idea of changing the words wouldn’t work but then I was reminded of the version by Canadians Bob and Doug McKenzie!  So it could be possible to sing, my true love gave to me - a cardinal in a snow tree!  It isn’t fabulous but it’s okay.

I use to love a snow apple but I haven’t seen them in the stores for absolutely ages.  I guess their popularity waned over the decades as consumers opt for different varieties.  I hadn’t really thought out my choice of apple in the beginning and then when I added the snow (the glitter) in the sky I was reminded of this apple variety.  I just had to make the change. 


No comments:

Post a Comment