Saturday, December 31, 2022

New Years Eve

I’ve begun watching the lessons.  I was intrigued by the way Shelley sniped the sheets of paper in her sketchbook.  I’m not attempting a “no-buy” art supply but I do want to do a “low buy” year.  I have lots of supplies (I hope I’m not the only one) and I’m determined to ”SHOP MY STASH”!  I found this sketchbook by the Bee Paper Co.  I don’t recall where or when I bought it but it has clearly been languishing in my pile of sketchbooks waiting to be filled.  It is 140 LB 100% cotton paper.  I think the real reason I have never used it is due to the spiral binding, I’ve realised that I prefer a hard bound book.  However,  I can see how useful it can be in this instance.  

I did have a Grumbacher sketchbook some time back where you could take out and pop the pages back in but I have cannibalism it long ago.  I didn’t really like the mixed media paper that was in it.  So cool to learn how to do this myself. 



No comments:

Post a Comment