Tuesday, April 18, 2023

Another day in paradise

Part 2/2.  IM using the same sketchbook and watercolour travel palette that I had at the hospital plus a few other tools.   This page makes me laugh since it is so busy and just a jumble of images.  

Anyway, this takes time.  I’m not use to drawing in bed. The biggest disappointment are the new sheets that I bought for the “occasion”! My goodness, lovely soft Egyptian cotton they are not! Honestly the rustle like crumpled paper!  I had washed them before putting them on the bed and had wondered why they seemed different from our other old sheets. I’m not a happy camper that I wasted my money.  I know it has been donkey’s ages since I’ve bought sheets but I don’t ever recall them being this coarse in the past.  I guess I need to “get off my wallet” when I buy sheets again. 

I had wanted to paint my toes for spring (as per usual) but I’m glad I recalled that the pre-surgery instructions said no nail polish.  And then again I forgot that tidbit of info when I was adding text to my page earlier today. 

It has been snowing here (not staying on the ground though) so I couldn’t go out for a spin on our deck like I did yesterday.  I don’t feel like getting my socks and long pants on.  Our deck covers one full side of our house (32 feet) and wraps around to the front door).  
Here you go Carol Booz-Myers! 


No comments:

Post a Comment