Wednesday, April 17, 2024

Spring time in the big city

Yesterday was a beautiful sunny spring day in the big city and I didn’t want to miss it.  My husband had a late appointment for his radiation treatment so I walked down to St Clair St W with him.  I had made a plan to visit a shop and saw this little restaurant on the way from the bus stop.  On my way back I stopped in to purchase a treat for myself. A yummy handmade popsicle.  I sat outside on this tiny table and chair set and watched people walk by.  It was wonderful, that simple act made me so happy!  I love popsicles!  I’ve had lots of “freezies” to counteract the hot mouth brought on by chemotherapy but sitting out in the warm spring weather was so invigorating!  I felt so “normal”! 

Next time I’m by, I’ll have to check out their menu but normally I’ve already had lunch before I leave the house so I’ll probably just get another popsicle. 

I drew this page this morning from the photo I took.

Oh yes, I was the only person on the bus wearing a mask. Have I mentioned that I hate the bus! I much prefer the streetcar.  There is some work being done and the streetcars won’t be back until fall (or maybe later-you know how that goes)! 


No comments:

Post a Comment