Friday, April 12, 2024

Round 4 Day 2

I can’t believe it, I was patient number 88 and it was only 10 am! This is day 2 of my  my last 3 days of chemotherapy ( I hope!)  On the first day, the nurse put the IV in my right hand so my drawing is horrible and I’ve decided to turn the page on it.!  Regardless, I had the vein whisper that day and he did a fabulous job of getting the IV started.  I truly believe that my Guardian Angel helped with this, I think she supplied some magical essence to support me.  She is an art card that was created and sent to me by my friend Birgit.  She has been living in my sketchbook that I’ve had with me all along! I’ve drawn her each of these 3 “final” days. 

I think I finally learned a secret to veins too and that is hydration.  Yup! So simple, but I wasn’t drinking enough water before my infusion.  Happy that I had some fine nurses who cared for me during this difficult time!  I’m glad they used the veins in my hand and left my arms alone! 

My husband continues on his own journey through radiation treatments.  He has just over one week to go.  Then, I will also be having a blood test, X-ray and follow up with my chemo doctor next Friday.  

I’ve packed up the car in preparation for the drive home while my husband was at radiation.  I look forward to being able to spend more time at home before the next phase. 



No comments:

Post a Comment