Saturday, March 30, 2024

Week 4 -Almost done

Week 4 almost done!  The out-patient workers had Good Friday off at Princess Margaret Hospital so technically it will be Monday’s radiation treatment that will complete the week. 

Sadly, I have had yet another setback and my chemotherapy that was scheduled for Monday has been postponed.  I expect the new date will be determined by my next blood test on Wednesday.  This past Wednesday, the blood test revealed that the reason I have been sleeping so much is due to the fact that my hemoglobin and red blood cells etc are all low.  So, I was immediately sent to get a transfusion and given 2 units (or 2 bags) of blood. 

This is in my small sketchbook that I made so it would fit my small purse.  I’m a chicken so I only looked quickly and had to look away. I only glanced once as the nurse hung the bags.   However, more importantly I found out that I will be able to give blood a year after I’m am cancer free. Good to know!!! 

So yes, I am disappointed but what can I do about it, nothing but enjoy the respite from the dreadful chemo, for a short time anyway.  Regardless, I’ll be back on the hamster wheel on Monday.

Wishing everyone a Happy Easter if you celebrate and if not enjoy your time off with family and friends. 


No comments:

Post a Comment