Tuesday, March 12, 2024

Lunch with Banting and Best

I just couldn’t eat breakfast again this morning before my radiation appointment.  Afterwards, we walked by this historic building (MARS building,  former Toronto General Hospital) that has a new renovation addition built next to it.  My hubby likes to research restaurants so we stopped in to check this one out.  It is a high end Italian restaurant with really nice ambiance and delicious food!  When we left, our table was the only empty one. 

I started the page before the lunch time rush so I couldn’t add in all of the people who were actually there. 

Just outside the door in the corridor was a large display about the work of Dr. Banting and Best and the discovery of insulin in 1921 (breakthrough research University of Toronto).  We spent a very long time reading the exhibits.  Love it when there is an unexpected free museum to enjoy after our brunch.  


No comments:

Post a Comment