Sunday, March 24, 2024

Week 3 done

Week 3 done! Tomorrow it starts all over again but it will be a short week with Friday being a holiday. 

I can’t believe how tired I’ve become.  I’m not a napper or a very good sleeper especially so after my diagnosis.  I had trained myself after retirement to do better at sleeping but that went out the window after my knee replacement surgery.  Now I pretty much sleep away the day. 

I don’t get a chance to really observe the room because I’m hustled over to the bed right away.  Then they have to match up my tattoos to ensure I’m in position.  The technicians are strong men and women. They do the movement, I just lay there as the move me.  Then they move the bed a teensy bit too.  Then they get the machine to scan me to ensure that I’m in fact going to get the treatment in the right places!  I find that very comforting. It’s a balance between human and machine to ensure delivery of the radiation therapy is going to the right places.  What a noise though; the whirling, banging, shuddering and sizzling! 
Every day I check, my skin still looks normal! Grateful for that! ( my mother had breast cancer 50 years ago and her chest was extremely well tanned.  Radiation treatment has advanced greatly since then).  Crossing my fingers and toes, only 2 more weeks or rather, 10 more radiation treatments. 


No comments:

Post a Comment