Sunday, January 21, 2024

Bananas and Maple syrup

It seems that I’m getting better each day because I’ve not had to take my allergy pill since my chemo treatment.  I will tonight though.  The brain works in mysterious ways.  I don’t know why it planted this seed but I accepted it as is.  I’ve had to find foods that are easily digestible especially fruits as I am supposed to stay away from anything acidic.  

I’ve never been a real lover of bananas but have learned to eat them as an adult.  However, I’m really picky about how I eat my bananas.  No banana pudding, ice cream, jello or even banana splits for me.  Woolworths (yes, that was a long time ago) use to have banana split days when I was a kid but I never played “pop the balloon” to win one!   Now, I do appreciate a cut up banana in milk drizzled with maple syrup.  Yes you got it, I love my maple syrup and there is always a bottle in the fridge.  I will admit that banana bread muffins with chocolate chips will happily rest in my stomach too. 


No comments:

Post a Comment