Sunday, January 14, 2024

Thymoma

I never thought I would document this in my sketchbook but it is what it is.  It’s happening to me right now.  Last Wednesday, I met with yet another doctor and it has been decided that radiation therapy is not the way to go for me at this juncture.  I may get radiation after the operation that will remove the large tumour lying on my right lung and bordering on my esophagus and heart. 

In November, I was diagnosed with having cancer; a thymoma tumour.   Tomorrow, I will receive my first chemotherapy treatment; a 3 drug cocktail.  The infusion takes many hours, at least 4 and possibly more.  

In the last few weeks,  we have been staying with our family in Canada’s largest city!  Our local regional hospital doesn’t have the capacity to deal with my type of cancer so my care has been transferred to a renowned cancer hospital in Toronto.  My mother went there 50 years ago because there was no cancer care available  locally in those days. 

With this new regime I can go home and return to the big city in February for another infusion of chemotherapy. 

So I’m not sure if I will document much of this journey or if I will feel like scrolling.   So I thought I’d mention why I’ve been absent and why I may disappear from posting. Or, maybe I will feel not bad, who knows. 


No comments:

Post a Comment