Saturday, January 20, 2024

I drank coffee today

I had my first round of chemotherapy on Monday, this morning I felt well enough to have a cup of coffee.  It has been a tough few days.  Thankfully the anti-nausea medications worked  but they did a number on my bowels.  

I’m getting the heavy duty 3 drug cocktail all at one go.  The nurse pushed the first drug in manually.  No I didn’t watch!!!  She did her job and I did mine and that is to look away and stay calm. 

What I learned is that I need to wear loose clothing because all the fluids that they put in you makes you urinate with great regularity.  My husband had to go with me and undo and do up my jeans since the IV was in the top portion of my hand.  I looked around and noticed the other chemo patients were either smarter than me or this wasn’t their first day at the rodeo!  Next time it’s sweat pants for this chick. 
My hubby will have to come with regardless since I can’t wash my hand,  it needs a friend to get clean!  Oh well, in sickness and in health and all that. 

He is a good man and is cooking up some comfort food for supper tonight. 


No comments:

Post a Comment