Sunday, January 28, 2024

Sewing fabric strips together

As you know, normally I work in my sketchbook but no time for sketchbook work for me today. These four squares have taken me all week to sew.  I’ve been watching Kathryn  k3nclothtales on U-Tube and following along except for the week (week 3) when I had my first chemotherapy treatment.  What I like about this project is that I used up all the scraps except for what you see on the left.  The square on the top right ↗️ is my favourite.  I tossed the strips out of the bag when I realised that I was running out of long pieces.  I played with them for a bit until I could sew them all down.  I don’t think I’ll sew the squares together because I don’t have a plan for them.  I’m just going to let them “BE” for now.  Thanks again to Kathryn, I definitely need this meditative distraction. 

No comments:

Post a Comment