Saturday, January 27, 2024

No Power and two mallards

Yesterday began as a very good day, then the bottom fell out when we lost power for almost 8 hours.  There was a pole fire up on the highway just a few poles south of our concession road.  They had to hook up a new pole.  Of course, we had to drive around to see where the problem was because the WiFi was out and this sort of thing isn’t newsworthy.  I kept getting updates from Hydro One on my phone pushing back the time for completion but finally at 19:23 (for regular folks that 7:23 pm) the lights came on. 

I was up before sunrise and saw something dark under the bird feeder.  Then I saw the ducks head against the snow.  I think Mother Nature has sent out some inappropriate signals; it’s only January, we have lots of winter left here even though we are having a January thaw.  
They didn’t come back so maybe they’re heading south again. 


No comments:

Post a Comment