Friday, February 19, 2010

Crackberry Sucks

I'm getting to my saturation point. If I get new technology I expect it to work and if it doesn't I expect to get a new product. Well Bell hasn't done that! I got a new crackberry in December and I tried to load some software on to it so that I could sync it to my MAC and the thing crashed. Bell has sent it to a repair centre, the slowest one in the world because it has been almost a month and I still haven't received it back. What nonsense! I know now that if I decide to make a purchase of a similar hand-held device, it will be a iPhone and I will buy it from Rogers. Sure it was great that Bell gave me a loaner but I had to input my contacts all over again. What a pain! The worst part is that the representative at Bell told me that they sent my device to the "slowest" repair centre. What the heck is that about?! I mean really, why do I need to know that Bell has sent my unit to the most inefficient department going? One must assume that the organization as a whole is likely similar.

Hmmm, now that I think about it, I think that many organizations are similar. My Dad sold his house and he moved into a retirement residence and I have been trying to cancel his security alarm service. Easier said than done. He called to to cancel but for some reason they want me to call them. Now, really that is ridiculous, he has already called you to cancel and his pays the bill and he is certainly capable of cancelling the service. I have never seen such incompetence in my life! I think that likely it is a cash grab as well and said as much to one of their representatives. I said I thought that they had fleeced a 90-year-old man out of his money for nothing. Thing is, I don't know how he got hood-winked into it. It seems that they sent a salesman around to the house and he signed up. Yup, the elderly are so very trusting and I am so very cynical.

Today is one of those days where I could rant about lots of others things as well but it would be best if I didn't. Got to try and keep myself calm so that I can have a relatively pleasant day.

1 comment: