Thursday, February 11, 2010

Diamonds on the Snow



I love sunlight and stood in the hallway window to feel the yellow light warm my face. I can not stress enough; I love sunshine in the winter!!!!!!


When I looked down I could see the sparkling snow below me on the front lawn. I grabbed my Nikon to see if I could capture the essence of the sparkling snow. Okay I took a picture of the snow but even with shadows in the snap and a bit of iPhoto modifications I still can't get the true essence of the sparking diamonds lying there waiting for me to scoop them up!!!! Yup, picture capture of these sparklers eludes me. It would be just as if I had attempted to physically scoop up those diamonds (and "rubies" depending where you are and how the light refracts) and hold them in my hand.


I guess this means that I might as well go out and by a lottery ticket for that prize will elude me too! I guess I have come full circle so that is my post for today!


Oh yes, this reminds me of a song by Paul Simon, "Diamonds on the Soles of her Shoes" - I have it playing now on my computer!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment