Sunday, February 7, 2010

From Alternative to Opera

I love having eclectic tastes, it means that I can sample all the good bits of life! I love music and I enjoy what iTunes considers "alternative" as well as classical/opera and almost everything in between. Right now I am listening to Steven Pasero's instrumental "guitar masterpieces" album on my computer (surprisingly it is not available on iTunes). I don't usually like guitar instrumentals but this album is exceptional. My hubby is in the kitchen making chicken florentine for supper tonight and he is watching "Surviorman" and I have no wish to watch that particular program. Although I am not in the process of making art, I find myself thinking about it more and more often as each day passes. I am formulating a new idea that will have to percolate there until I can expend the time really making art! When I am deep in the process of painting or drawing, I like to listen to music that doesn't have words that I would want to discern when I listening. I just want to have good music playing, in the background, in the foreground, it doesn't really matter to me. Having said that, I also like world music because I don't understand the words so it amounts to about the same thing.

I forgot my "crackberry" at work yesterday and had expected that I would go into town today to retrieve it. Then I had the presence of mind to re-think that. The more I thought about it, the more I didn't want to force myself to go. Tomorrow will undoubtedly be fine (I have to go to town anyway to check the house and take my Dad to his pre-op appointment)! I know that I am suppose to have the thing on 24/7 in case a "member" calls me but I have noticed little activity during the weekends. It would seem that our members prefer to only call when they are working. It is unfortunate that I am a shift worker and most of my callers are not. I had not thought that I would miss the new technology until I was given the "loaner" crackberry because I fried it when I tried to download some software. I don't think crackberry likes my MAC even though it claims that it does.

Something just came to mind about that album, I purchased that tape at a nifty, eclectic shop and restaurant in Orillia Ontario called Mariposa. They had it playing while I drank my coffee and I just had to buy it in their scent shop next door.

Hmmmm!! The smells of supper is wafting over my way!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment