Wednesday, February 17, 2010

When did it happen?

I have no idea of when that "pivotal" moment was when I became a LIP BALM JUNKIE but I became aware of it yesterday. Now the photograph shows the majority of them that I own but not all! Really, how many lip balm's does one woman need? I don't know because I keep them everywhere...at my computer desk, in the living room, in my bedroom, the bathroom, the spare room, in the pocket of difference jackets and coats. It seems that I can not be without them at any time or any place because my purse has many of them as well, tinted and un-tinted. I guess for an addiction this one is that has the least impact on self and others. Hmmmm! I think that it is possible that it is a "sign of the times"; we live in environments that are heated by gas, oil and electric methods with dry the skin. Then again, it could be because my skin is moving from the oily variety to the very dry. It would seem to me that there is a fifty/fifty split here.



I find it interesting that there are varying degree's of price point for these products. I like them all for different reasons and use them at differing times of the day as well. I got the comfrey leaf as a present and I use it before going to bed in the winter.


However, I have very fond memories of the so-called "classic" Chapstick. It is one that my mother used and I always wanted to have some of it on my own lips. I would have been 6-8 years old and I would to beg her to let me put it on my own lips. Reluctantly she would give in, but I was never allowed to actually own my own lip balm. Possibly that is the reason that I purchased this tube. It looks exactly the same as the one my mother had; hence the "classic". Every time I want to think of my mother, I apply it! Mostly what draws me is the smell and the taste. These two senses combined have produced a strong internal response by evoking such strong memories. It isn't so strange because there have been so many studies done on taste and smell that mirror my reaction.



This makes me smile, a blog post on lip balm. Who knew!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment